I'm going home for the weekend. What does that mean when you are an adult, when you have a home of your own? I have many homes. I have homes in Michigan, a home in Tennessee, a home in Scotland, a home in the woods, a home on the beach, an apartment home in Boston, a new home in Chicago, and homes I am still yet to find. I hope that this home, this blog, can connect my many homes together and allow me to be a little closer to the many homes I miss.

Monday, February 24, 2014

A little tingly

calcium
tingly all over
essential

Turns out that calcium is pretty darn important...and not just for your bones.  My body has been having a bit of a hard time actually absorbing it even though I've been throwing a ton of it into my system.  What this means is that I've had some tingly hands, feet and even a bit of a muscle cramp...not good.  It's standard to send people home on calcium and a little vitamin D.  I actually had some issues with D and some high parathyroid levels prior to the surgery, which is why I (and Carolyn!) was so grateful the parathyroids were spared.  Even though they were spared, there seems to be a bit of a hiccup in the system and I am not actually absorbing the calcium. 

We (mainly my surgeon who I really trust and like) have a game plan and will see if we can get this under control.  It means a few more pills, a lot of yogurt (just terrible as it's only one of my favorite foods!), and shift of my energies from worrying about my voice and neck to worrying about this tingling.  Unfortunately tingling is something my body is far too familiar with (refer to my prior illness) so I hope this is resolved quickly.  Prayers would be appreciated as if this isn't resolved it might mean a trip back to the hospital...but perhaps more flowers and another lake shore view?  

My energy is good, spirits are up, friend support is high (more flowers!), voice keeps getting stronger, and the pain continues to decrease (mostly feels like one of those choker necklaces from middle school being clipped a few notches too tight. 
  




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. We are all thinking of you and praying for you~Zach

Pat from Florida said...

Kezia, sorry to hear about your set back, and trip to the hospital again. However, happy you will be there while they get this calcium bit resolved.

Prayers continue.

Sounds like you have tons of support in Chicago, and that is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Prayers for a quick hospital stay so you can resolve the tingling and get back to the comfort of your home while you heal.

Lots of Love, Cousin Melissa