I'm not sure what it was about today. I'm not sure if it was looking at polls or political sites or the daily show or reading a Weavings article talking about radical discipleship and responsibility to all of humanity. In fact, no one showed up for my connections group so I sat there talking into a recorder to send to my friend in Afghanistan, talking about the article and my life and what is God calling me to. And I'm not sure what that answer is, I'm not sure what it was that inspired this bit of understanding. But as an American, I have a great opportunity in the next 55 days to work for something I believe in, to work for change, for a cause that will impact the next 4 years and in doing so set the course anew. As I've traveled, I've found people who have bitter tastes of America. Who after knowing me for 8 days still thought I was Canadian, 'cause they just couldn't believe I was American. And that's sad. That's sad because I love America. I want to work for an America that the rest of the world respects again. I want an America that provides health care to all--an America where I would have had the same medical care I did, no matter how much money my parents made. I want an America where we value being beautiful from sea to shining sea and we protect that beauty and nature and our fellow creatures no matter how much oil we think might be under its pristine face. I want an America where we are motivated by faith, hope, and unity rather than fear and division. I want Obama for my, for our, president.
So, because of this, I am posting links to some videos here. Ones that inspire me, that speak to me, that call me to action. I am also going to help with voter registration drives, and calls to impact states other than mine. I am reaching outside of my living room and laptop and putting my passion to work.
Yes We Can
Barackappella
We are the Ones
Signs of Hope & Change
Yes We Can!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment