I'm going home for the weekend. What does that mean when you are an adult, when you have a home of your own? I have many homes. I have homes in Michigan, a home in Tennessee, a home in Scotland, a home in the woods, a home on the beach, an apartment home in Boston, a new home in Chicago, and homes I am still yet to find. I hope that this home, this blog, can connect my many homes together and allow me to be a little closer to the many homes I miss.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The east side of Chicago

It's hard to view Chicago from the east, but today I got the chance!  I went sailing on a small sonar sailboat today.  There were just three of us and with the wind and relatively calm waters (wind coming from the west) we were able to move fast and on quite a lean. I sat on the rail (I think that's what it was called) and also got to steer for a bit when we were running flat. I've never been sailing on a small boat on Lake Michigan and I'd certainly gladly do it again.  At first I was nervous, but then it was just relaxed exhilaration. 














No comments: