I'll post more on the subject and the process (decision and experience) later, but I wanted to let you all know that I will be doing radiation this Thursday (the 31st). It's obviously been a long process of decision making. I've been doing the low iodine diet for the past two weeks in case I decided to pursue radiation. We scheduled the radiation this past Friday as this week is the last time I could do it before school starts back. I still feel some conflict, but generally feel calm about the decision. I think if nothing else it will cease the churning of my brain about the latest research and best practices of treating thyroid cancer! Trust me, I know a lot on the subject.
The appointment is 9am on Thursday. I will then be isolated at home for several days. Rylie will be enjoying a vacation in northern Michigan. The good news is I can eat dairy and chocolate again on Saturday!
Prayers and positive thoughts are greatly welcomed. Ideally I won't have too much pain or swelling and I won't have negative long term effects (the most common are taste changes and dry mouth...most feared but highly unlikely is secondary cancers like leukemia).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My thoughts and prayers are with you! Thyroid cancer quiz: who was the first person to ever be diagnosed with it in Michigan? I bet you don't know that smarty pants. On the plus side you can spend the next 10 days looking it up. Love you, Courtney
Interesting. I do t know and I haven't yet found the answer. I've been using all the supplies we bought together :)
Post a Comment