I'm going home for the weekend. What does that mean when you are an adult, when you have a home of your own? I have many homes. I have homes in Michigan, a home in Tennessee, a home in Scotland, a home in the woods, a home on the beach, an apartment home in Boston, a new home in Chicago, and homes I am still yet to find. I hope that this home, this blog, can connect my many homes together and allow me to be a little closer to the many homes I miss.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Shoeing in Maine

Walking on water
Frozen winter world surrounds
Feet on solid ground 

Ariel and I snowshoed in to Flagstaff Hut, of Maine Huts and Trails, stayed in a bunk house, and then hiked around the area and across the lake.  What a fabulous way to spend the weekend.  We enjoyed good company and a wonderful hot meal--I'd recommend it to anyone.

our room in the bunkhouse
Hut at night
entertainment at the hut


group of fellow Bostonians in the wilds of Maine

snowshoes in the morning
Flagstaff Hut

three new friends from the hut
the island
 
 
river
river runs through it
the dam



island on the left-view from on the lake


view of island from the shore





me in all my gear

snowshoeing


snowfall on lichen
 
our tracks



Ariel, my hiking buddy! Or snowshoeing buddy as the case may be






another view of me snowshoeing




view at the vista








tracks on the well groomed trail




view from on the lake



view through the bridge



Fungus on a tree
lace, the natural way

Delicate snow fall
Unseasonal red fungi
Winter variance




No comments: