I'm going home for the weekend. What does that mean when you are an adult, when you have a home of your own? I have many homes. I have homes in Michigan, a home in Tennessee, a home in Scotland, a home in the woods, a home on the beach, an apartment home in Boston, a new home in Chicago, and homes I am still yet to find. I hope that this home, this blog, can connect my many homes together and allow me to be a little closer to the many homes I miss.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Buenvenidos a Miami

I just got back from a lovely trip to Miami. I went for a child health psychology conference. I didn't get that much time on the beach, but the time I did get was fabulous. It's so odd to be somewhere where it's 80 degrees, and know your parents are getting snow dumped on them!

I presented a poster at the conference and it went well. I had some people ask me about my methods etc. The woman presenting a poster next to me was presenting on complementary medicines, including prayer, and coping with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. We got to talking and she is interested in continuing our conversation. It will be so great to talk to someone who is interested and knowledgeable about that area of research.

Things here are very busy as the semester (my last semester of classes) winds down. I also changed the posting so that it should be easier to post on the comments. Hope everyone is doing well and that spring is coming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How good to be developing your network of professional colleagues. I'm glad the Miami conference was a success for you.

It is going to be 70 degrees in lower Michigan today. Spring is here!