I'm going home for the weekend. What does that mean when you are an adult, when you have a home of your own? I have many homes. I have homes in Michigan, a home in Tennessee, a home in Scotland, a home in the woods, a home on the beach, an apartment home in Boston, a new home in Chicago, and homes I am still yet to find. I hope that this home, this blog, can connect my many homes together and allow me to be a little closer to the many homes I miss.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

How snow melts....


Rylie climbs and stands upon 
the glacier of slowly melting snow pack
to add her warming stream


I will try and take a picture of this lone remaining pile of snow.  For months Rylie has played queen of the mountain and mountain goated herself up on top of this huge snow pile outside our door.  Each day is sinks further and further and is the only remaining pack of snow.  She faithfully climbs up to pee and I don't know what she will do when the snow is no more. 

2 comments:

mom said...

Oh, I'd love to be there to see Rylie mountain goat. We saw a stray dog at a mission in San Antonio today. I'm so happy for Rylie and her life.

Unknown said...

I am glad she doesn't make #2's up there!