I'm going home for the weekend. What does that mean when you are an adult, when you have a home of your own? I have many homes. I have homes in Michigan, a home in Tennessee, a home in Scotland, a home in the woods, a home on the beach, an apartment home in Boston, a new home in Chicago, and homes I am still yet to find. I hope that this home, this blog, can connect my many homes together and allow me to be a little closer to the many homes I miss.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Blogging Begins

Well I'm finally taking the plunge and starting a blog. I'm busier than ever, but somehow it feels like the right time. With a friend leaving for Afghanistan and another facing major medical challenges, I am newly reminded of the importance of relationships above all else.
I don't have any large new news, no life transforming events or decisions--just the transformations that come from daily living and seeing new views of life. I am still in grad school (4th year) working on my MAP or major area paper. It seems that it's never ending and the time I allot for it is never enough. Like any chore, it always takes longer than you expect. But it's moving and that's exciting! Rylie and I still enjoy agility and hikes together. I'm looking forward to the spring and re-entry into the great outdoors. The rain was here today, so Spring should be on its way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is terrific Kezia. I admire the risks you are taking and the insights you are seeking.